The role of the International Co-ordinator is to:
1. To have overall responsibility for successfully applying for the International School Award;
2. To co-ordinate the production a school policy statement and commitment statement to the International Dimension;
3. To ensure that planned activities and projects relating to International Activities are included in the School Action Plan and evaluated appropriately;
4. To develop an International dimension throughout the school by helping colleagues develop cross-curricular projects within each year group;
5. To help the school celebrate the rich and diverse cultural heritage and diversity within the school through the assemblies, international days/weeks, etc;
6. To plan for the International Dimension by liaising and encouraging staff to be involved;
7. To regularly evaluate the impact of international activities and inform the school SEF;
8. To develop and maintain resources to promote the International Dimension;
9. To develop, monitor and support global school links and exchanges;
10. To liaise with and support visitors from other countries;
11. To be aware of LEA initiatives to promote the International Dimension and work alongside them in the development of an international dimension.
12. To raise awareness in the school and community of International activities via the website, notice board and school newspaper.
Our Co-ordinator of International Schools in Mr Heyes.